Within the Successor Project, the successor and the core value must maintain consistency, and has the characteristics with (but not limited to) integrity, commitment, innovation, and win the trust of customers.
Succession Planning and Operation of the Board Members
In accordance with the "Code of Corporate Governance" stipulated by TTY, the directors selected by considering diversification, and formulating appropriate diversification policies based on operations, operating styles and development needs, including the following two major standards:
1. Fundamental conditions and value: sexuality, age, nationality and culture.
2. Professional knowledge and skills: professional backgrounds (law, accounting, industrial, finance, marketing or technology), professional skills and industrial experiences.
TTY annually evaluates the operational performance of the board of directors and functional committees based on the "Measures for the Performance Evaluation of the Board of Directors and Functional Committees". The results of the performance evaluation will be used as a reference for future selection or nomination of directors. The results of year 2019 has been reported to the Remuneration Committee and the Board of Directors on March 16, 2020.
Succession Planning and Operation of the Main Management
The “Successor Project” was established in year 2019, and in the year 2020, the following progress was made:
- The Successor Project/manpower inventory and development workshop was held in two sessions in February to give training and explains the standards and procedure for successor evaluation to managerial levels and above.
- 4 manpower inventory meetings were held in July for employee successor evaluation by corresponding supervisors.
- Planned development and succession timing for key positions and key persons based on the decisions made in the manpower inventory meetings.
- Year-end review of the project, learning results, and the implementation of the development activities to ensure the right persons are ready for each critical position in the scheduled timetable.
We regard it as necessary that the characteristics and skills of an executive possesses should follow a certain standard. It is critical, amongst other attributes, to act according to their own words. To achieve such a goal requires constant and consistent cultivation, as well as a training plan. A target-focused system has been in process for the key managerial positions to be familiar with the Board affairs and act as proper mid-high executives in TTY affiliates. Increasing involvement in each operational unit of the Group, job rotations, and management experiences in overseas markets also account for part of the incubation. On June 29, 2020, following the result made by the TTY Human Resource Evaluation Committee and Board resolution, Shih Chun-Liang, the former Deputy General Manager of Oncology Business Unit, became the General Manager to continue the tasks that Hsiao Ying-Jun had on hand.
In light of the necessity of the advancement and growth of the TTY Group, the recruitment for qualified executives considers not only the talent pool outside the Company, but also takes potential mid-high executives from our existing members and turns them into gems. This is done through an individuals' ability enhancement, cross-task training, timely job rotations, and overseas experiences. The plan is to build manpower capable of diverse fields of associated works for a more powerful, well-organized operation team with solid objectives.